Lets go fishing!

If you'd like to go kayak fishing with me, we might be able to make an arrangement. Leave a comment on the page, and I'll get back to you as soon as I receive it.

Massey's Professional Outfitters

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Exploratory Delacroix trip

In lieu of the recent Mardi Gras murders, I opted out of going to parades and spent some time on the water.  As I began unloading the boat, I immediately realized that I remembered to grab the fish finder battery, but forgot the faceplate.  So much for having a true water depth for the day.  I ended up combat launching so the paddle wouldn't be as long as if I had launched from Sweetwater.  The goal was to get on the north side of Lake Robin, which was successful.  I didn't see any fish action until the afternoon.  Found some grass patches in about 3-4 feet of water and was able to pull 7 bass out of them.  The red was caught on a mud flat that I could see them tailing while I was fishing for the bass.  Ill be changing my tactics up for next week to see if I can pull a larger bass from a bed.

 This little guy must have been sick.  He didn't fly away with all the others, but when I splashed my hand in the water he came to me.  He allowed me to pick him up and pet him for a minute or 2.

 Possibly my biggest bass to date.  I hope to get one over 10 lbs this year, but that is a high goal.

 3 casts, 3 bass

 Id throw my Seein' Spots over these grass pads and try to pull the bass from them.


 The only red I was able to catch.  Most of the reds that I was able to see, had about an inch or so of their tail sticking completely out of the water.


Temps: 46-68
Wind: West 6-9 MPH
Skies: Clear
Pressure: 30.26

No comments:

Post a Comment