Lets go fishing!

If you'd like to go kayak fishing with me, we might be able to make an arrangement. Leave a comment on the page, and I'll get back to you as soon as I receive it.

Massey's Professional Outfitters

Sunday, January 4, 2015

New year, New me

Having made plans to fish on the morning of the 1st, I loaded up the boat during the day of New Year's eve, and started to pregame the night's festivities.  Come 11:30 pm, and I end up falling asleep, missing the fireworks, and most importantly, not kissing my wife at 12, and wishing her a happy new year.  Didn't go fishing in the morning because of the hangover, and I have since given up booze, as they were deciding if I was going fishing in the morning, not me.

Jan 3, 2015 - Bob Breck said wind and rain all weekend, but when I awoke at 8am on Saturday, there was a slight breeze and some minor fog.  I loaded up the boat and hit the road.  Launching out of Pip's Marina I headed straight across the lagoon to get some protection from the wind.  The sun was starting to show its face, and the weather was warming up, so I was in search of some reds on the flats.  I couldn't find any reds where I thought they would be so i figured with the falling tide, I would try to fish the mouths of small bayous.  One red followed my Seein spots with a purple haze matrix shad all the way up to the boat, but I missed the bite.  I stayed in that spot a few more minutes with no more bites. I made a move to find another bayou being emptied into the lagoon.  I stayed there for a while and was throwing a lemon drop matrix shad with a 1/4 oz jig-head under a cork.  One bite with that, and the wind started to really pick up.  I came home for 12:30 with nothing but a wet behind.

Temps: 65-72
Skies: rain early, sunny
Pressure: 30.16 - 30.06
Winds: SSE 10-20

No comments:

Post a Comment